Friday, June 5, 2009

Your Fair Warning

So this post comes with a fair warning about the months to come, it ain't gonna be pretty. I have been honest through this whole process and I'm not going to stop now. This part of the process of adoption is the hardest, it's very complex, getting her to attach and bond to us, I started reading and researching months ago, but now fitting it into my parenting style, learning to compromise, etc... My posts will include the good the bad and the ugly. You many not like or agree with my decisions, methods, etc... I am always up for other's thoughts, views, experiences, but please no bashing.
This is what I can tell you, all of her behaviors are "normal" and expected and surprisingly parallel with the stories I hear from other adoptive parents, and milder actually (so far!)

The good: She seems to attaching and bonding well, I have not seen her Mommy shopping like she did before, she seems very confident in the fact that we are her family
She shows all the emotions a child should, happiness, jealousy, sadness, empathy, joy, etc...
She is kind to animals, I think this is a huge telling of overall character
She is now mostly comfortable in the pool in a lifevest, a must since I now have to watch Cooper like a hawk since he is swimming without a lifevest (he taught himself)
She plays well with other children, she prefers girl, but can totally hand with the boys!

1 comment:

  1. - HAHAHAHAHAHA (modestly to get all gold stars) THAT MISS ANASTASIA SUTTLES IS A BRAT SIGNIFICANTLY WORSE THAN I THE SAINT WHO GETS EVERYBODY CORRECT AND RIGHT AND PROPER AND PERFECTIONIST SAINT THE FIRST TIME! Ms. HK Kim.
    - Update: Google Drive - My Drive and PowerPoint and Adobe and finally Word and all the gen eds connected to Race and ethnicity - Marriage and family proved all that!
    - So sorry for the attempted mocking, yet tough love will switch that brat into the perfect Saint I am!

    ReplyDelete