Monday, June 29, 2009

"in the morning yous better Mommy, OK?!"

There really is no good title for the past couple of days. On the Anastasia front-she's doing wonderful! No fits the past 3 or 4 days. We even had to make a 3 hour trip to the dentist this past Friday, for Cody, Cooper, and I. She couldn't be seen yet because her insurance doesn't kick in till July 1st. The boys got really cool prizes, and although she was a little disappointed I told her she would have her turn in a couple weeks, and there was no complaints from her. So proud of her behavior. There were even mermaid toothbrushes and plastic tiaras. But she held strong!
Her therapy is going well, to say the least. Either Gary or I stretch er 30 minutes a day, we also do some crunches and "kicks" Her walking is going great, sometimes her right heel almost touches the floor. She is showing more resilience, which is my utmost goal right now. If she does not try and try and believe she can do it than there is no point.

Saturday while out and about at Walmart, I got some sudden pain in my stomach and back, I grabbed the car keys while Gary and the boys checked out, I barely made it to the car, the thought of laying down in the middle of the parking lot crossed my mind. I'm 99% sure it is a kidney stone. I had them 5 years ago when I was pregnant with Cooper. The rest of Saturday was spent in bed, in pain, vomiting, etc... Yesterday I could still feel the pain in my back, though nothing like Saturday, but I slept all day and all night. Today I still feel achey and can still feel the pain in my flanks.

To make things even poopier Gary cannot take leave from work for the 4th to go to Ohio to visit my family. Normally I would just go myself with the kids, but with the threat of that pain coming back I don't know. Cody is heart broken, he looks forward to this trip all year. So earlier today when I could feel the pain my decision was that we were not going without Gary, now that I was able to eat enough to take something for the pain, I think maybe. I don't know, I fear being stuck on the highway with kidney stone pain, with 3 kids by myself, but I am determined, so we will see.

1 comment:

  1. How are you feeling? We go back to Galveston tomorrow for a follow-up visit. Are you still going?

    ReplyDelete