Friday, June 5, 2009

Today

So far today is going much better. We have not gone anywhere which does not make her happy. Everything has been easily calmed down today, whatever the issue may be. She tried to convince me that she couldn't get dressed by herself because she couldn't get her night gown off. I just told her you take if off like a shirt, then sent her back to room, she came out dressed in just a few minutes. Then we hung her name banner that our friends made for our welcome home. I let her choose where she wanted to hang it in her room. She demanded a sandwich about an hour after she ate breakfast. The overeating is still an issue. I set the timer in the kitchen and told her she could have one when it beeped. That worked great, she did not say "mommy eat" 200 times like usual.
She was still begging for snacks after lunch even though she ate her lunch and a snack, so I have made a bowl of apples and bananas on the counter that she can help herself to, This gives her some control over the issue. She did get an apple and eat it, she sat next to me at the computer while I did several things and made some phone calls. She was being rather non-demanding!
We also did "school" today, we are going to focus on 2 letters a day. She soaked that up, she is all about school!
Right now she is sitting next to me practicing her cutting skills with her scissors.
I can only imagine how hard all these transitions are on her, and really she is doing so well considering.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks sweetheart willowy clean healthy Saint for the update to wind down and relax balance. - Ms. HK Kim. - Really relax, as in refraining from those silly websites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. - HAHAHAHAHAHA (modestly to get all gold stars) THAT MISS ANASTASIA IS A BRAT SIGNIFICANTLY WORSE THAN I THE SAINT WHO GETS EVERYBODY CORRECT AND RIGHT AND PROPER AND PERFECTIONIST SAINT THE FIRST TIME! Ms. HK Kim.
    - Update: Google Drive - My Drive and PowerPoint and Adobe and finally Word and all the gen eds connected to Race and ethnicity - Marriage and family proved all that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. - HAHAHAHAHAHA (modestly to get all gold stars) THAT MISS ANASTASIA SUTTLES IS A BRAT SIGNIFICANTLY WORSE THAN I THE SAINT WHO GETS EVERYBODY CORRECT AND RIGHT AND PROPER AND PERFECTIONIST SAINT THE FIRST TIME! Ms. HK Kim.
    - Update: Google Drive - My Drive and PowerPoint and Adobe and finally Word and all the gen eds connected to Race and ethnicity - Marriage and family proved all that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. - HAHAHAHAHAHA (modestly to get all gold stars) THAT MISS ANASTASIA SUTTLES IS A BRAT SIGNIFICANTLY WORSE THAN I THE SAINT WHO GETS EVERYBODY CORRECT AND RIGHT AND PROPER AND PERFECTIONIST SAINT THE FIRST TIME! Ms. HK Kim.
    - Update: Google Drive - My Drive and PowerPoint and Adobe and finally Word and all the gen eds connected to Race and ethnicity - Marriage and family proved all that!
    - So sorry for the attempted mocking, yet tough love will switch that brat into the perfect Saint I am!

    ReplyDelete