Friday, June 5, 2009

Yesterdays Bad and Ugly

One of our biggest battles right now, is her not wanting to do things she can do. Like putting on her shoes, we have even shown her ways to make it easier. OR getting dressed, we know she did this on her own there, I don't give her a choice, I lay her clothes out and walk out of the room, if she whines I don't go back in, once she has gotten dressed I go in and see if there is anything she is having difficulty with.

So yesterday I had a surprise for her we were going to an indoor play place here to meet up with one of the friends she made while here at Christmas. You would think she would be more cooperative getting out of the house-nope.
She did not want to put on her own socks, so that delayed us, then once I got her shoes on she decided she wanted different shoes, which was a no becuase it takes a good amount of time to get her shoes on. So I left her on the floor in her room pitching a fit and told the boys, "let's go" So she comes out of her room, with one shoe off. She was trying to make a point, so I told her to go sit in the time out chair while the boys went and got in the car. She refused, I had to put her back in the chair 4 times.

Fast forward to later that afternoon.I over hear a little arguement occuring in the livingroom, so I eavesdrop. I hear Cody telling her "how would you feel if we didn't share with you, it would make you feel bad wouldn't it?" He was so calm trying to explain to her. You would never have guessed she has just smacked him across the face!! I talked to her about not hitting and sharing. Sharing is very hard because at the orphanage the other children would tear up her stuff or she would be forced to give things to other children, there was not a lot that was just hers. She thinks everything that is hers is just hers, but everyone should share. So I had her allow the boys to play with several of her things, and then show her how they put them back when they were done. She got grounded off the computer for hitting Cody.
You would think Cody would be mad at her, but no. AT bedtime he joined us in her bed for storytime, he helped me read and was adding in comic relief to make her laugh.

I am super proud of the boys and how they have handled all of the recent adjustments. I have every confidence that with time we will work through these issues. I am certainly up for the challenge!!

4 comments:

  1. You are defnitely blessed with two amazing little boys! I feel like many children their age would be very impatient and jealous! How wonderful they are not! And now you have one amazing little diva! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHAHAHAHA THAT MISS ANASTASIA IS A BRAT SIGNIFICANTLY WORSE THAN I THE SAINT WHO GETS EVERYBODY CORRECT AND RIGHT AND PROPER AND PERFECTIONIST SAINT THE FIRST TIME! Ms. HK Kim.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHAHAHAHAHA THAT MISS ANASTASIA SUTTLES IS A BRAT SIGNIFICANTLY WORSE THAN I THE SAINT WHO GETS EVERYBODY CORRECT AND RIGHT AND PROPER AND PERFECTIONIST SAINT THE FIRST TIME! Ms. HK Kim.

    ReplyDelete
  4. - HAHAHAHAHAHA (modestly to get all gold stars) THAT MISS ANASTASIA SUTTLES IS A BRAT SIGNIFICANTLY WORSE THAN I THE SAINT WHO GETS EVERYBODY CORRECT AND RIGHT AND PROPER AND PERFECTIONIST SAINT THE FIRST TIME! Ms. HK Kim.
    - Update: Google Drive - My Drive and PowerPoint and Adobe and finally Word and all the gen eds connected to Race and ethnicity - Marriage and family proved all that!
    - So sorry for the attempted mocking, yet tough love will switch that brat into the perfect Saint I am!

    ReplyDelete