Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Therapy

Her pediatrician had said for us to find out what PT we wanted her to see. Some good friends recommended the Cantrell Center, well they called yesterday and they have a waiting list. They said they can do a consult and give us home exercises to do, which we could do, and really already do in way, but she needs someone outside the family to work with her, for several reasons. So the Cantrell Center gave us the name of a place in Macon, about 30-40 minutes form here, because believe or not it seems there is only 1 place in our town that has pediatrice physical therapists. I am not discouraged, everything happens for a reason. So I called the place in Macon, and they said they want to see her for OT, PT, and speach. Which would be great, because she needs all of the above. According to their website they also have someone who specializes in Neuromuscular massage for people with CP, this is one thing I have researched for her, so I am excited to talk to them about this. She has an appointment Monday with them for a consult. So, maybe it was meant to be, I spoke with the OT on the phone and she was very thorough and took her time with me and seemed truly interested, so I am excited for the appointment.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great plan! I love it when these things fall into place :-)

    ReplyDelete