Friday, January 16, 2009

Yes Everyone Cried

As everyone knows we had to take Anastasia to the airport yesterday. Who was the first to cry? Cooper, yes you heard me right. As we were waiting in line to check her in, his little lip popped out, his face turned pink, and the tears started streaming "I don't want Anastasia to leave." Oh my goodness, of course that made me cry.
Once all the children were checked in, we got to hang around for a while and visit. We got to meet Liza, Anastasia's good friend who is being adopted by another Warner Robins family. I got a gate pass so that I could take her to the gate since she has to be wheeled. Once they called for all the kids to gather and start walking, yes, most everyone was crying. The thing that got me was seeing the kids crying. Anastasia had already cried several times, but now she was crying really hard, she gave hugs to the boys and Gary and we had to start walking. The orphanage director and I were trying to comfort her, and the orphanage director was looking at me, and said, "Anastasia can come back and visit you in the summer, yes?" I realized then that she must know that we are adopting Anastasia. We were not allowed to tell her, but I think the Hosting people did. So, of course I said "YES, we would love for her to come back this summer." That perked Anastasia up a little bit.
Nastya's Host Dad walked with Anastasia and I because we got seperated from the group due to the fact that we had to take the elevator. When we got to the gate, she cried so hard, I just held her and cried and reminded her that we would see her this summer. She told the translator that she wanted to stay forever with her Mama. She told me over and over, I love you mama, I love you. I love you too, is all I could say. She has no idea how much we love her, as our daughter, and how much work is going into bringing her here forever. It's so hard to not be able to take care of her when she hurts or explain to her that we do love her as a daughter. It's horrible to think that she doesn't know that she IS wanted.
Once I got back to the boys, Cooper yelled out to me "Guess what Mama, next time we see Anastasia we get to keep her!!!" I can't really explain the love these boys have for her, they were so kind and patient with her. What a blessed family I have!
Well, I've got to go clean my house so I can take pictures for our Dossier paperwork.

1 comment:

  1. The title on that is SOOO appropriate. I cried just reading it even though I already heard it straight from you. Thank you so much for letting us get to know Anastasia she is a sweet little girl. I cannot wait until she gets to come and "stay forever"

    ReplyDelete