Saturday, January 31, 2009

Our Golden Tickets!!!!



We finished our first set of Dossier Paperwork!!! I had to go get them Apostilled yesterday in Atlanta- a 4 hour round trip!! Thank God all of our documents were as they needed to be, there was a man ahead of me that said it was his 15th time there! Everything has be exact on the way that the documents were Notarized and put together or they will not Apostille them. I am thankful for the notary in Gary's office that did our Notaries for free, he saved us a chunk of money. And he did everything correctly! I had tears in my eyes as I walked out of the apostille office, this is such a milestone in the adoption process.
The apsotille is attached to the front of each set of documents, they are attached with either a staple or a grommet thing. Georgia used the gold grommets. If these are unfastened in anyway the apostille is null an void, so these things are like gold! I was laughing so hard at someone's blog the other day, she was describing this apostillin process. We have to make copies of everything, and she had to bend back the apostille to copy the documents underneath. She said she was at Staples and a lady who works there walked up and grabbed one of her documents and bent it back, she said she almost jumped the lady! I see why!
We will be mailing this to Russia on Monday-Anastasia's 7th Birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment