Friday, January 23, 2009

Hello, Happy Friday

Sorry there is nothing new and exciting to post, we are finishing up our first set of dossier paperwork, and hopefully next week I can travel to Atlanta to have all of our documents Apostilled. An apostille it like a step further than a Notary, you notarize it, then you take it to get "Apostilled", it is for international documents, and cost $3 a page!!! And that's a steal, in some states it $20! How many pages will we have? I think around 30, so thank goodness Georgia has bargain priced apostilling!!! What happens then? It is sent to St. Petersburg, tranlated and submitted to the "ministry" Then we start our 2nd part of the dossier paperwork, apostille it, send it to St. Petersburg, and then wait for our first trip date!! I miss her so much, I cannot believe it has been only 1 week since she left. The time is dragging. Life is too easy without her, and I mean that in the best way possible. I have noone following me around the house saying "Mama Dissel Da" There is noone standing at the sink with me in the morning asking me to curl her hair or use my lotion. It is harder than I even expected, I'm not going to pretend it isn't. I look at her pictures every night, and watch the little videos we took of her. Cooper is having the hardest time. He told me "Mama I think Anastasia misses us, and I think she is crying in Russia" I told him "Yes that I'm sure she does miss us, just like we miss her" And he said "Mama, I don't think she will stop crying until we go to get her and bring her home, so we need to hurry up ok?" Break my heart! I explained to him that people can be happy and sad at the same time, and that she has friends and people who take care of her there, and she does not cry all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment