Saturday, January 3, 2009

The rest of our Atlanta Trip





We really had a good time in Atlanta. I saw my first Target with an escalator-say what? Yes, for real, I must live a really sheltered life. We took the kids swimming in the hotel pool twice, they loved it of course, we froze our butts off, but it was worth it. Anastasia loves the water. Hopefully she will be home by summer, and we can get her in swim lessons. We took the kids to the children's museum, Cody was a little bored there, but we did have fun. From there we decided to go the the Aquarium, it's not my favorite place, the Atlanta aquarium is over rated to me. We love the Chattanooga, TN one a hundred times better. But we decided to go ahead and go cause the kids really wanted to. As we were walking up to get tickets, a lady stopped and asked if I already had tickets, I said no, and started walking away, and she grabbed my shoulder and said, I do, here you go, now you only have to buy tickets for the kids, then she walked away. I was in shock, I did not have time to give her more than a quick thanks! That saved us over 50.00!!!! What a blessing. Anastasia loved the aquarium. Afterwards we went to the Atlantic station. They had fake snow, which the boys loved, Anastasia hated, literally she got really angry, and pulled her hat down over her face. I guess when you live in a place like Russia fake snow is not amusing!! We ate a the California Pizza place-yummy. Anastasia and I shared a chocolate souffle thing for dessert which was very funny, it was like combat dessert eating. She likes to eat as much as I do, and she was not going to let me have more than her!!! We had a really great mini-vacation,

No comments:

Post a Comment