Sunday, August 31, 2008

Lots of Paperwork

Just been working on lot of paperwork. Gary and I both have to do this 8 page autobiography thing. So we been hacking away at that.

We have our first homestudy appt. on Monday. There will be a total of 4 appointments with out social worker:

1. Both Gary and I, at the social worker house, to discuss everything from the day we met to now.

2 and 3. are one each for Gary and I to discuss things one at a time with the social worker.

4. At our house, to inspect the safety of the house, make sure we have room for one more, and for her to meet the boys and get their take on everything.

Which by the way is total opposite for them.
Cooper of course wants nothing to do with anything that would take attention away from him. It has comforted him some to know that it's not a baby we are adopting. So now he says he wants a sister only if Cody does.

Cody has been awesome, beyond what I expected. He looks through the adoption brochures. He's found Russia on his globe in his room. He asks tons of questions. He is very sad that the process will take a long time. He set aside all the pink toys in the house, pink power rangers, etc... Him and Anastasia are the same size, and yesterday I was looking at clothes for her at the mall, wondering what the difference was between 6x and 7 and he let me hold up the girl pants to him so I could tell the difference.
He's really being so sweet and he is so excited!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you're posting about the process!! Can't wait to hear about the homestudy.

    ReplyDelete