Friday, August 15, 2008

Adding On

So to many of you this will be new news but we are starting the adoption process.
It has been a crazy few days, full of decisions, decisions we never thought we would make.
First off from the beginning, I always said I wanted to adopt. But I wasn't ever sure if Gary would ever really want to. But as our kids are not babies anymore we have realized we want a bigger family. I can't handle another pregnancy and I certainly cannot handle another baby with colic. So we did always know that we would not be having another on our own, and we would not be adopting an infant. So about 6 months ago I told Gary I was ready, and asked if he really ever thought it was something he would want to do. He said yes-eventually. So I just told him to tell me when. Well he did tell me when, this Sunday. So you better believe I hopped right on the computer to research our options.

Several of you know that Ukraine was our intended country. But something told me that was not the right country for us, after over a year of me thinking it was. So I thought alright, I'll just start researching other countries. Well some are upwards of 50,000, I ruled those out. On Monday I was researching and came upon a site about hosting older children for the summer to come and live with you, experience an american family life, etc...
So I did a search for host programs out of Atlanta and New Horizons for Children popped up.
They host Latvian orphans, they have summer program and a winter program. Children are recommended by the directors of the orphanage usually for doing well in school, good behavior, etc... Then people from the agency go and interview the children and decide who will be host children. Oh and by the way I had never heard of Latvia, it is next to Russia FYI.

Sooooooooooo as I'm reading this, I am getting to excited. Actually excited is not the right word for it. I started crying. Not only do they have a winter hosting program, but they are traveling there August 23 and shortly after will have a photolisting and bios of the children for people to choose from. How cool is that, not only is God answering my prayers but He know I like immediate results and boy is He giving them to me. So I call Gary and tell him and he's totally on board. Even though these children are a little older than we imagined we would be adopting.

--Ok I'm going to split this up into several posts because I ramble and some people may not want to read it all at one time.--

No comments:

Post a Comment