Friday, August 15, 2008

Closed Doors that lead to Open ones

After reading all about the Hosting program it sounded like a real possibility and like God had lead me right to it. But it wasn't what I had imagined, so I kept researching. Well Wednesday I got my first packet in the mail from one of the agencies I had requested information from. I was so excited. As I was reading through the information I come across a road block it states something to fact of " Country A, B, C, D, E and F will not consider parents who have taken antidepressants in the last 5 years." Even if it's for mild depression or anxiety. So I knew my diagnosis of fire-spitting PMS wasn't going to fly either. So basically all the countries we could consider were way to expensive or didn't accept any parents with a history of antidepressants.


In the mean time I was researching Latvia and the Hosting Program. I ran into stories of many successful adoptions resulting from the Hosting. Only 20% go in with the attention of adopting and over 80% of the children get adopted!! I should probably explain that the Hosting is meant as an opportunity for the children to have an experience in a Faith based home and to allow people to sort of test out how an older child may fit into their family. It is not an adoption agency, but does have connections to some that they recommend.


No comments:

Post a Comment