Saturday, August 16, 2008

He will lead and I shall follow

So I am going to just paste the email in this post, except, I'll take out names of people and agencies and such.

Hello Cara!
Well this is just too funny....I have to tell you that apart from my work as Exec. Director of this agency, I assist families who wish to adopt from Latvia for a hosting program called New Horizons for Children. I do that work under One ***** Adoption Services. We use the same attorney that an **** Door uses! What a coincidence! I don't want to step on **** Door's toes as I believe they require you to use them for your home study if I am not mistaken? You may want to ask them if you are going to be working with them. We would be happy to work with you too and I certainly know what Latvia requires in the report so you would be well taken care of! Yes, you can start the home study without knowing the agency but I would not advise releasing it until whomever you decide to work with has reviewed the report.

Have you considered the possibility of hosting a child/children from Latvia through New Horizons this Christmas? They are planning a mission trip August 23rd to interview children for this Christmas. You could talk to New Horizon's Director about the child/ren you wish to adopt and she can be on the look out on her trip. Her name is **** ******. Please tell her I referred you! Their website is: http://www.newhorizonsforchildren.org/ and they also work with An **** Door so you can make a decision as to which avenue is best for your family if you hosted and then pursued adoption. Their summer hosting children just returned a couple of weeks ago and there are some who are not being adopted that you could even get more information on. You are aware that you can only adopt children age 9 and older from Latvia, right? Or a sibling group of three or more if under age 9, or special needs.

There is no longer independent adoptions from Latvia since the Hague was implemented on April 1st. So, you would have to file an I800A and I would not do this until you have found a Hague accredited placing agency to work with. I'm attaching instructions on how to do that (disregard the One ***** information until you have decided on an agency).

Once the home study is done you have to file CIS and prepare a dossier. I'm not sure if I'm answering this question correctly, can you explain a little more?

Thank you again and let me know what you think about all of this!





Yes, my jaw dropped to the floor, and I think a loud schreechy sound escaped my my mouth.
OK God, I get the point.

No comments:

Post a Comment