Saturday, August 16, 2008

the call to the agency

So Friday morning I tell myself I just need to call. Then we could at least figure out where to go from there. So I called the agency that the hosting program recommends. I was connected to a director and asked the big question. I felt like I was telling him I was a serial murderer, could I still adopt a child please? He said the only countries that the antidepressants would be alright with would be Latvia and Lithuania. He said all the children adopted by foreigners would be 9 years or older. Somehow I was good with that. Like I said -decisions that we never thought we would make. I think because I could really tell that it was not me in control here, and I was being lead to whatever our decision was supposed to be and we would not be given more than we could handle.

Before I went to dinner last night I filled out forms on 2 different home study sites to be contacted with more information. But for some reason I said we were undecided on agency and country. Man, was I waiting for God to hit me up side the head or what?
I immediately received a reply email form of the agencies from a very nice lady I'll call SWLady (SW stands for social work). SWLady lets me know that they have someone in our town that could help us, and that they try to get things done as quickly as possible. Overall she was very nice and informative. So I shoot her back an email telling her that actually we were thinking of Latvia, had spoken to one agency, but had not decided on anything yet.
I tell Gary she is very nice and that I thought we should use them to do our home study.
When I got back from dinner she had emailed me back.

No comments:

Post a Comment