Saturday, August 16, 2008

continued...

I did more research on the Host program out of Atlanta -New Horizons for Children-
It is a Christian organization, meant to give these children a chance to experience America and a christian family life for a month. And in addition, although it is not an adoption agency, it does give these children a chance at being adopted, that they would not otherwise have. It gives people a chance to see what adding an older child to their family would be like. About 80% of the host children end up getting adopted by their host families or someone they met while here in the states.

I found other blogs online that people had made about their experience with the hosting program and for some of them, the experience of adopting these children afterward.
So as I read all this information, I am shaking and have tears in my eyes. I have this overwhelming feeling this is something that's going to have a huge impact on our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment