Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Whew!

So, after redoing several last minute mistakes on paperwork, I went to Atlanta to do the apostilles. My bestest friend Nicole offered to keep my boys, so that was nice, and it ended up being a good thing for sure!
It's a 2 hour drive one way, so when I hand them the paperwork, I sit in the waiting area and pray really hard that everything is as it should be and that it won't be a wasted trip. So once I hand it to them, I went to the bathroom, then came back and sat down, but this time in a place where I could see what they were doing-BIG mistake. I was so nervous, I felt like I couldn't breath, and I was praying so hard, I felt like everyone could hear me, despite the fact that I was praying inside my head.
Then I see her call her coworker over and they are obviously discussing a piece of my paperwork. UGH! Sure enough she brings out the paperwork and say, "that will be 79.00 for the ones we were able to do, but for these three, when we ran her license, it looks as if she got married and didn't change the name on her license."
Breathe Cara, don't cry, just breathe. So I pay and am on my way, and I don't cry for the record. But I sit in my car, thinking about how to not stress out so bad.
How would you feel if you were pregnant, saw the baby held the baby, then they put it back in (ok, don't visual to elaborately there) then you have to do paperwork to get the baby back out. And if you mess up, it will delay it, not only do you miss that baby and already love it, but you know that it must be missing you, and it is up to you not to mess up, to get things done as quickly as possible. And I know all things are in God's timing, and God is teaching me. I mean I caught at least a dozen mistakes that we had fixed on paperwork, that would have delayed us for sure, so why be so hard on myself? Because it's what Mommy's do, right, you know it, the mommy guilt, blah!
So I head home, and call my hubby to complain. Then I call the office where the notary works and left her a message. She calls back and says that she is so sorry, I can tell she is sincere. She then calls our county to see what she can do to remedy the situation, and then calls me back, I call the apostille office back and they agree. A bunch of people fax each other, etc.. So by this time I've driven 30 minutes, so I turn around and head back. They are able to apostille the documents!!! CAN I GET AN AMEN!!
So I will be sending this off to Russia tomorrow. One step closer to getting her home.

1 comment:

  1. Ok, I was hyperventilating just reading that! but...AMEN!!!!

    ReplyDelete