Sunday, April 26, 2009

Got nothing for you

Sorry nothing new and exciting. We did speak to Anastasia the day after my last post. It was pretty uneventful and somewhat short. We were abrubtly cut off by someone needing to use the phone. She did not know that we had been calling, and I'm not sure she believed us when we told her we had been.
We are waiting to hear if the judge has received our paperwork, which judge we will have, etc.. And of course our court date.
She again brought up death. She asked "what if I die?" Meaning herself. I told her that she was very young and healthy so I wasn't worried about her dying. I think she is definitly going to need counseling mostly because of the loss of her first mother.

1 comment:

  1. Our girl started talking about death a few weeks ago too (the conversation began with saying that Grandma sometimes needs to have no grandchildren over so she can rest! - then S remarked that G is old - old leads to death, etc). By the time she was done with all these associations she had herself all worked up and was sobbing that she didn't want US to die. It just broke my heart. I'm sure her preoccupation with it is similar to your girl's - her birth mom died too. She was really young and I'm sure she doesn't remember, but she knows enough details, that we know people have talked to her about it.
    Again, hoping you get your court date soon!

    ReplyDelete