Friday, April 3, 2009

Where Have I Been?

Well, doing paperwork of course! And enjoying my family, trying to keep a healthy balance.
I don't want to speak too soon, but Gary just has to go to the Police Dept. to pick up 2 corrected documents, and we are done gathering paperwork! I will drive to Atlanta on Monday to have them apostilled and then send them off to Russia!!
(Insert Paperwork Happy Dance Here)
Then we wait for court date. They expect it to be mid-late May if we have no big paperwork Boo-boos.
I can't really remember what I have blogged about lately. In the beginning of June is a huge tourist time in Russia, due to White Nights, where it stays light most of the day and night, you know like in Alaska. So, we pray to sneak in before that, but oh we are cutting it soooo close!! Plus if we have to take a 3rd trip, guess when we would go if our timeline is as expected.
As far at the 2-3 trips goes, it will mostly likely take 3 trips, but it is slightly possible that it could just be just 2 trips, with our next trip being a long one, how long, you ask, well I'm not certain, but maybe 2-2.5 weeks? OMGoodness, we really must have faith in God, right? Truly, I have never trusted so much in God, I am not a person who likes uncertainty, though I've had my share, I do my best to avoid it, I am a planner. This journey has given me new patience and a stronger will, for sure. And never, never, have I felt this close to God before. I feel like he is holding my hand, cheering me on, not sure how people who don't have faith in Him do things like this, where do they get their strength? At every stage when I have doubted myself, our ability to do this, how do we know she is the right child for us, he has sent signs, yes signs people!!! I believe he does this, and he has done it abduntly through this process, and I feel Anastasia could no more be ours if we had concieved and birthed her, it feels that miraculous.

So, how would it be possible for us to have only 2 trips. Well, there is a chance that we could get the "mystery judge", who, upon receiving a letter from a Dr. here in the states, would consider waiving the 10 day wait, due to the fact that it would help Anastasia tremendously to have surgery and recover before school starts.
We have gotten the letter, that's not the issue.
There is a 50/50 chance we will even get this judge and then if we do only a 50/50 chance she would consider it enough to waive the 10 day wait.
Do I have faith this could happen? ABSOLUTELY!!!! Am I banking on it? No, we can't bank on anything. It would save us A LOT of money, and stress, but either way our goal is to get our daughter home, and whatever that path looks like we will take.

Oh, you must be thinking, look how optimist Cara is, so stress free, so thankful. Well I have not been so thankful and optimistic lately. I have been mostly stressed about the money side of things, feeling heavy hearted about the amount of debt we are taking on to do this. Not doubting wether or not we should be doing this, but wondering why in the world did God lead us to her, when this has lead us to so much debt. Debt does not feel Godly to me, I have a new optimism today about it. IF I am to trust Him with this, then it needs to be a complete trust. It's not like we are goint to be out on the streets, my husband has one of the few reliable jobs there is right now. And I am happy to go into debt for this, despite my wondering why sometimes, does that make any sense?
Don't feel sorry for me, it is no different than having a car payment, not in THAT sense, I'm not comparing her to a car, but some people spend this much on a car, you've heard me make this comparison before.
Have I mentioned how excited I am to be almost done with the paperwork, and well on our way to having her home with us?
YIPEEEEEEEE

No comments:

Post a Comment