Monday, April 6, 2009

Shame on ME

Last night as I start organizing the paperwork to take it to Atlanta today, I notice that 2 of the notaries we used did not sign the documents the way that their notary seal says their name. Such as if I were a notary and my seal said Cara M Suttles, then I need to sign with the M, not without. So today we have about 10 documents to get redone. Most of them Gary will have redone at work, they are docs that need to be signed by people there. I need to go to the pediatrician's office and beg them to have them done today.
So of course I pitched a fit last night, I was throwing papers, yes throwing papers people! Which are not very satisfying to throw, they don't go far, unless you crumple them up first. I have a temper, for those who don't know. Anywho...........
Of course I was upset, so tired of this stinkin paperwork. Not looking forward to another day of driving around town gathering paperwork, and begging people to do it ASAP, as they look at me like, "what is the big deal, and why do I have to fix this one tiny little thing."
So, this morning I wake up with a new attitude, my attitude was ugly last night, much uglier than I am typing.
I got up early so that I could redo the docs and send them to work with Gary. Notice I never mention Gary getting upset or throwing a fit. Yes, that is because we are complete opposites. Which usually makes me angrier, as I'm throwing things, and he is as calm as can be just looking at me, calmly gathering the things I've thrown, and telling me that even though it stinks, we can fix it. Sometimes his lack of emotion translates to me as lack of caring about the matter at hand. But he is always the calm after my storm.
That is not why I feel ashamed. My husband likes my fiery side!!
As I'm fixing my coffee, a thought pops into my head. Do you remember when I posted about the man at the Apostille office who said it was his 12th time there. I was so grateful that all my paperwork was acceptable to be apostilled, since it is a 4 hour round trip. But when I was eavesdropping when the lady was telling him why she couldn't apostille his document, it was because the notary had not signed with her middle initial, as it appeared on her notary seal!!
Had I not been there to "hear" that I would have never known to check my documents for that very type of error. I should be thankful God gave me that gift. I could have driven all the way to Atlanta not knowing that tidbit. I would much rather have discovered those errors now, then after a wasted 4 hour round trip to the apostille office.
So, I am going to drink my coffee, get all of us ready to head out of the house to get our paperwork done, then enjoy the rest of the day with my boys. Hopefully we can go to the apostille office tomorrow.
If you open this post today, can you please say a quick prayer, that our paperwork will come together. I believe God is listening.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Cara, we sound so much alike! I can just picture you trying to throw the papers (like you really mean it!) and them not really going anywhere. It's totally something I would do! And our husbands sound alike too . . . I'm praying that everything comes together and you're able to head off and get apostilles on everything so that little angel can come home soon!
    As for the 4 in SPB, I'm not sure about any hosting programs set up between our 2 countries - but it's something to look into. My "contact" is on vacation right now, but I'm planning to ask once she gets back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, well if it ever comes to the point that I need to be doing all this paperwork stuff, I'll be warning the notaries to sign the forms the right way! I'll probably ask to see their stamp FIRST before I let them sign. LOL

    ReplyDelete