Saturday, January 23, 2010

OK I WAS Back

My desktop computer is broke again, it worked for a couple days, then the hard drive quite working. So, my awesome computer fixer (aka my bestest friend's hubby), helped me pick out a new hard drive, but he came to put it back in and it hadn't copied, soooo I'm having withdrawal. This computer wigs out and then I have to log off and back on. I can't print my online coupons. I can't webcam with my hubby, and neither can the kids. I am really praying that we don't have to buy a new computer, but if we must we must. We are very grateful to have someone who is able work on it for us, at least if we have to replace it we know it is absolutley necessary.
On the Anastasia front, she is doing great. She went to her first all girls birthday party last night, I didn't let her sleep there, I wasn't ready for that, and we very rarely ever let our kids sleep at other people's houses. She started crying when I went to pick her up, she wanted to stay so bad. The Mom said they did notice she wouldn't stay away from the punch and candy, surprise, surprise. So we had a short talk about only drinking and eating our share when there is unlimited food. Hehe, that is worst behaviour issue when left without me, I think she is doing great!!
I don't have self control around unlimited candy either, ha!
Her birthday party is next Sunday, she wanted to have it at a play place here that is a lot like Chuck E. Cheese.
It is so funny the things we assume she has an understanding of, but does not. She asked me today who chose what day her birthday was on, me or her other mom?
I didn't understand at first. I had to explain that it was the day she came out of her Mommies belly, and that no person picked, you have to be in your Mom's belly for a certain amount of time, then God chooses your day and out you come, and that day is your birthday!!
She also told someone the other day that we changed her name, we did not, but it seemed like it to her. We have always called her Anastasia instead of Nahstya, becaue this is what they referred to her as on the hosting listing that we found her on. She had no clue that Nahstya was a nickname for Anastasia. I explained to her what a nickname was, like Joey for Joseph, Nate for Nathaniel, Bob for Robert, etc... I think she gets it now. I asked her again if she would like us to call her Nahstya and she said no, she does not like that name.
She is so excited about her birthday, we are only going to invite girls, I think she's overwhelmed already so I want to keep the numbers reasonable. I haven't told her that on her birthday that she gets to choose what or where the family gets to eat dinner that night, she takes food serious, I know it's going to be stressful for her to decide!!

1 comment:

  1. -“Everyone hates Nastia Suttles yet everyone is a saint to Anastasia Suttles” is more like it! From Ms. HK Kim the saint who however won’t play.

    ReplyDelete