Saturday, January 9, 2010

Broken Computer/Blessings Abound

I swear the devil attacks families when a spouse is deployed. Ask deployed spouses how many things have broken while their husbands are away. So yesterday a virus pops up on our main computer, man. But I am very blessed to have a bestest friend with a hubby who happens to be my hubby's bestest friend who can fix computers. But he came over armed with virus fighting instructions for the virus that was on there, and the stinking virus was armed to dismantle every way to fix it, he couldn't even access the hard drive. Sooo, he had to take my hard drive with him to hopefully fix it. It was very sad!! So best case scenario is that it is easy to fix and will take a day or 2 or it could take a lot longer, or it could be unfixable. So right now I am on our ancient laptop, it also has something wrong with it, has for 3 years, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. So this post could end any second.
But I feel so blessed that I can email my hubby, ancient laptop or not. I feel so blessed that I get to talk to him almost every day. I feel so blessed that while some husbands only feel the need to call home once a week my hubby does everything possible to email/call me when it is next to impossible. I love that man so much.

I was so excited to finally get a video up, and yesterday I was in process of uploading a before video of her walking, when my computer went whacky.
People have asked if Anastasia understands what is going on, I think for the most part she does. The people at the Desky Dom had told her that Daddy's go to fight while Mommies stay home to take care of the kids. Thankfully my hubby is in a very safe job, and so we can tell the kids honestly that he is not fighting, that he just has to go far away to work for a very long time. If anything, I think this experience will build her trust and bonding,to see that he really does come back and is still the hubby and Daddy.

1 comment:

  1. I know exactly what you are going through. I also have an ancient computer that I used for a long time. Last year I got a laptop and love it. Unfortunately one day I did something and I got a nasty virus on my computer to where the hard drive could not be accessed. My boyfriend had to replace the hard drive. Thank Goodness that I had most of my things backed up on a flash drive, since I still use the old computer a lot. LOL!!
    I hate how easy it is to get a virus on your computer. It is actually scary when you think about it.

    I am praying that your husband will be able to come home safe and sound very soon, and that Anastasia will see that he is still her Daddy.

    Please keep us posted. I still love to reading your blog.

    Love,
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete