Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Same day, still no cute titles

For those of you waiting on the edge of your seat. We did get the "results" back from her family search, and will have contact with her grandfather. Both he and his second wife seem like wonderful people. They wanted to adopt Anastasia but could not for very legit reasons. They truly care for her and care how she is doing.
We did get some pictures, although none of Anastasia as a baby like I had yearned for. Mostly of her grandparents. One of her mother. When I showed it to her, she said, "who is that" It broke my heart. That is not how she remembered her, she looked very young in the picture, maybe even a teenager.

2 comments:

  1. AHH!! It sounds like her maternal grandparents really do love her. I am glad that you were able to find them and that you can let them know how she is doing. That is great.
    Maybe over time they will be able to find and send you some other pictures of her.

    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who did you use to do the search? I'd love to do this, but it sort of scares me, the rejection I guess.

    ReplyDelete