Wednesday, October 21, 2009

No cute title

I'm too tired to think of a cute title. Today we had our first post placement report, ....that I forgot about until 3:30pm. This is for her 6 month mark, except it needs to be in Russia by 6 months, so we have to do it right after her 5 month mark. It seems like it has been longer than 5 months doesn't it??
So, the meeting went great, our social worker is a joy. Anastasia decided to show out while she was here. Whining and complaining that her brothers didn't want to play with her, that she had nothing to do, that she was bored, that she wanted dessert, on and on. I think the meeting took 30 minutes-if that. She asked for dessert about 6 times, even though we told her not until we were done. She knows better, she was testing us. Then when I told her to come sit by me, she looked right at me and refused, both Gary and I. Not once, but 3 or 4 times. I held my ground, and she came and sat by me, and continued to pout, whine, etc... Not usually what she acts like in front of others. I told her the meeting was so that Russia would know how she was doing. Not sure why she acted that way. I didn't dole out a punishment but I talked to her about how she thought she looked to the social worker. That I had told the social worker what a good girl she was, and then she acted like that. We talked about the meaning of the word rude.

3 comments:

  1. You were right - we probably could write one another's posts . . . I know exactly what you're talking about! On the flipside, it's so nice to have someone out there who is going through the same thing at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, girl when I read your post about food last night-I know exactly what you are talking about!! You put it into words well

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry for taking so long to read but I have been having horrible computer issues lately. Hopefully they are fixed for now!

    I know you are going to think I am being rude and/or ugly about saying this, but this is they first thing that went through my mind when I read it.
    Do you think that Anastasia was thinking if she misbehaved during this appointment, that the Social Worker would send a report back to Russia making it look like she was not being cared for properly? Then if they thought she was not being cared for properly that would have her sent back to Russia and back the the Orphanage she was in?
    Fortunately most Social Workers in America can see the difference is being a brat and being mistreated or neglected. LOL!! So my guess is that if this was her plan then it back fired in her face big time, and the SW probably wrote things are WONDERFUL. LOL!!

    I really hope that was not what she was thinking but I thought I would toss it out there anyway.
    I also hope that she realizes just how much you do love her and what a blessing it is to have a forever family who does love her so much.
    Keep us posted!

    Wendy

    ReplyDelete