Monday, October 26, 2009

My Commenter Wendy

Even though I don't know her, Wendy is my #1 commenter, never afraid to say what her thoughts on the situation are. And I love her for it. I love other people's perceptive on things. She had commented that maybe Anastasia acted out at the PP report because we had told her the report was going to Russia, and maybe if she acted out we would send her back. It's funny that she suggested that, because that's exactly what I suggested to my husband. I don't think her actions were thought through, and I don't think she really wants to go back, I had forgot about the appointment until 2 hours beforehand, so she didn't have much forwarning.

We got the video of the interview with Anastasia's grandparents interview, but it is not translated yet. That costs more money-that we don't have right now. So there are possibilities of friends who know people who speak Russian helping us out with that. But I did show her the video,some of it. When she saw her grandparents looking at her pictures, she blurted out, "But I can't go back There" I think it was odd to her that her grandparents see her new life, I think she thought for a minute they were going to ask for her back. I assured her that was not the case. That they missed her, but that they were very happy that she had a family.
I only let her see a small part of the video. Her grandfather was weeping, and just repeatedly picked up the pictures from us and kept looking at them over and over. I didn't feel she was ready to see all that. Although we don't know what was said in the video we do know that her grandparents were so thankful that we contacted them, and they were eager to speak with us. I used a translator to call on Friday, I spoke with the grandmother. I kept the converstion basic, once I watch the video I can ask questions. She just thanked me over and over. She said how loving me and my husband looked and that they were so happy that she got a family. That was the just of the conversation. There are several things that we know, that were disappointing. They have no pictures of Anastasia when she young-none. They were all given to her biograndmother after her mother died. And the one picture they sent me of her biomother is the only one the grandparents have.

3 comments:

  1. Hey, are there any Russian churches near you? You might be able to find someone to translate it for you. We have several near us, they there are people there who will often help out someone in this type of situation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for you comment about me. I was actually worried about saying what I did this time regarding Anastasia may be thinking that if she misbehaved they would make her go back to Russia. But I also had this feeling that in the back of your mind you might be thinking it and felt bad for it. So I said it for you. LOL!! Leave it to me to help!! LOL!!
    I am actually glad that she did not know about the meeting before hand because if this was her true intentions then she might have really misbehaved. LOL!!
    I really doubt she wants to leave you guys but yet she wants to get back to the orphanage to see her friend. Has she mentioned him lately? I really hope not, not only for your peace of mind but also for hers too. Also maybe with time she is actually starting to see how important you guys are to her and of course she is to you as well.
    One thing I thought of if the next time she acts out in front of the SW (hopefully by then she will be more settled) if somehow something could be said about if she was to go back to Russia that she would not be sent to that orphanage. That she actually she would go to one she has never heard of. I know I am being evil now, but hey it might just be the thing that helps. LOL!!

    It is good that she did not want to go back to Russia to be with her grandparents, but at the same time a little sad too. I do not mean that to be ugly either. LOL!! It is just sad that any child does not know the true love of grand-parents.

    Okay well I have said more than enough this time. LOL!! BTW, I know we do not know each other but I feel like we do. I have read your blog so much that I feel like you are a great friend. Thanks again for your kind words!

    Love,
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,
    I found photos of my son by searching through the online Russian newspapers in his area. I did a goggle translated search and found two photos that had been used when he was pictured in the paper for adoption, he was featured with an older sister that we had no photos of so we were excited to have some of her. I know it's not a nice thought that they were basically 'advertised' but we had no photos of him at all when he was younger so we were pretty grateful for anything.
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete