Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Several other things

During our conversation she also told us that she told her Grandma and Grandpa that she is being adopted. It will be interested once we get there to find out if they are both really alive. I would love to meet them, find out more about their family, etc...
We think Anastasia was sitting by herself while she was talking to us, there was no background noises and she seemed to be opening up to us.
She told us that sometimes when she goes to sleep she thinks she might die, because she has seen movies where people die. Then she said that when her Mom died that she cried so hard and was so sad that she had no strength. Break my heart. This leads us to believe that she really has not been in the orphanage terribly long, maybe 2-3 years. So of course she is going to have issues with death. I prayed to God that night, I'm not sure if he takes messages for others, but I just prayed that Anastasia's first mother would know that we love her, are devoted to her, and will do our very best in raising her.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for reaching out! We are at the mercy of his orphanage director! Our last email from her said we could call him the following week but she didn't give us the number so we immediately asked her for it but haven't heard back! I have googled the orphanage several times but to no avail. I just want to hear his voice! Where are you at in the process? You are so blessed to get to talk to her! Another friend of mine adopting from latvia has little communication with him as well. I don't understand....it's heartbreaking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh My goodness! I couldn't help but get teared up when I read this. I just can't imagine! Thanks God for you guys coming into her life!

    ReplyDelete