Thursday, February 5, 2009

Mama Drive!!!

That is the first thing she said when she got on the phone. Silly girl, it's an inside joke between the 2 of us, when she was here all she wanted to do was go somewhere, and she would ask me a million times, "mama drive?".
I finally got ahold of the translator today, and he called the orphanage and arranged a 3 way call!
What did Anastasia have to say? She wanted to talk to Cody, so I had Tim the translator explain that the boys were at school and Gary was at work. She sad about that. There was a lot of I love yous. I told her that she would geta package from us soon. She wanted to know what was in it.I told her it was her birthday presents and she'd have to wait and see!

The interview team with New Horizons arrives there tomorrow and they will be delivering her package and hopefully taking a picture of her receiving it! She wanted to know why I hadn't called earlier and I explained that I had to find someone who spoke Russian to help me first and that that it took time. I told her we would call once a week, and she wanted to know why only once!!! She was joking around a lot, and seemed like she was in a very good mood. She said they had just gotten back from a walk.
It was so wonderful to hear her voice. I am glad that I'll be able to call on a regular basis. It helps my heart to know that she'll have that to look forward to every week. They are 8 hours ahead, and the assistant director Ekatrina, the one we met, explained that their day "ends" at 5, so if we could call before then it would be better, but that is around 8 our time, so it's not the easiest feat with our morning schedules. The translator also didn't sound real happy about calling Saturday morning because it will be 7 his time, but he did agree to do it, so we'll see. Oh, and he said I like your little girl, she is very funny for a little girl her age! Which we know, but she was cracking him up!
Oh, and according to UPS tracking our dossier papwork is now in Russia, so hopefully it will make it to St. Petersburg tomorrow!! How exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment