Wednesday, February 18, 2009

I didn't forget

Our conversation with Anastasia! I had told the translator, that I had to talk to talk to her this week, I told her I would call once a week, and it had been a week and half, not for lack of trying. But as a child my mother never showed up for visits, etc... So I was not going to break her trust like that. So, Tim the translator said he is always up late so I asked if he would just try and try, I would keep my phone by the bed, and I would tip him 20.00 for the extra effort.
So, he did, the phone rang at 1:21 am. The call was a little stressful, we got disconnected twice. Plus Anastasia just kept asking when we were coming to get her, and saying that she cries all night long, because she misses her Mommy. I'm not sure if they told her that she is being adopted, or if she just kind of guessing.
But she said she got her package, and that she liked it, and wanted to know if we were going to send her another one, haha, typical child.
And she asked for Cody like 20 times! She loves that boy!
She said they switched her room, because she has a bad cough, and the room she was sleeping in was freezing and was making her cough worse, so they changed her room, and it's not as cold. Of course as a mother that was hard, that she is cold at night, and of course that some other poor kid is now freezing in that room!
She said she saw an eye doctor at the orphanage and he told her not to wear the glasses that we got for her at the eye dr. here because they are bad for her eyes!! GRRR... At first I thought maybe she made it up because she doesn't want to wear them, but then I thought that not really a child-like lye, it's probably the truth, and it doesn't surprise me.
It was really good to talk to her, although it was hard hearing her say those things.
We'll try again next week.

1 comment:

  1. I just added you to my reader. I can't wait to read more. I know your adoption is a little different than others, sort of how mine was. LOL. That breaks my heart that she is crying all night and the other things she said. :( Praying you can get there soon!

    ReplyDelete