Wednesday, February 18, 2009

A little about this and that

Sorry I haven't posted about our call to Anastasia Monday night. Just feeling overwhelmed the last couple days, with the wait, the financial aspect, the missing her, etc... But I feel better today, and having my boys home helps, they have this week off of school, it's winter break here. Plus it is both of their birthdays this week, which I love!!
I'm going to be starting a whole family blog soon, I'm sure it would bore you to death, unless you are a grandparent or part of our family. But it's the end to my scrapbooking guilt I've decided. I have no scrapbooking talent, I've always felt a little guilty about it. I've tried and tried, I love the pretty paper, the idea, etc... But I just can't do it. So, if you go to www.blurb.com you can see what I'll be doing so solve my scrapbooking guilt. I'll blog, then have it made into a book, most likely using this blurb.com. It solves the issue of me trying to make things pretty on paper, when I just can't. Pictures and journaling the times I have with my children, that is my goal. And what better way for people who love them to get to hear about there everyday life-Your Welcome Papaw and Memaw!!!
Also, I am feeling like maybe some people feel like my focus is Anastasia and that my boys are suffering from it. Trust me Anastasia is a focus, but only one of many focuses in my life. I know it's hard for some people to understand that she is just important to me as my boys. I don't expect everyone to understand that. But trust me, my boys, do not suffer from it, no more than they would suffer from me being pregnant and expecting a new baby. (Thanks for that comparison Robin) My boys do not suffer from this process I can tell you that, and I can also tell you it has grown them in ways that is a gift from God. There is not anything those boys want for, they have the world, a mom and dad, etc... I want them to have empathy and understanding for others, and this has helped them to do that. All of my children are equally wonderful to me, they are all so different, and I think they learn from each other's gifts and faults, which is what I love about them being so different.
Not sure why I felt I had to justify myself, but there it is.

2 comments:

  1. I think you and Gary have done a wonderful job balancing the whole adoption process and the boys! Don't let anyone tell you any different. I see all of you every week and the boys still act just the same. Well... maybe now they miss Anastasia but that "missing" will end soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're an amazing Mom! I know your boys have not suffered the least bit =) Thanks again for sharing this whole process. I continue to enjoy reading it!

    ReplyDelete