Saturday, December 20, 2008

Oh Christmas Tree!



We finally got our Christmas tree today. We wanted to wait for Anastasia, so it's up late this year. We went to a cut it down yourself place, we had fun! We had a blast decorating it. I am so happy we waited for her, she had so much fun.
I'll backtrack to yesterday. We went to Burger King for a birthday party. She had been so shy the past couple places we went I wasn't sure how she was going to be. At first she was really shy, then I made her sit in her own chair while I ate, and she is always happy to eat! Yesterday she had a banana, half a container of watermelon, a piece of plain bread, and a bagel with cream cheese, for breakfast! Today I limited her to a bagel with cream cheese and a bowl of frosted flakes.
My good friend Amy has a little girl who is in Cooper's class and she was very patient with Anastasia once Anastasia decided to go play. We were really surprised she did, it was soooo crowded and loud. She really came out of her shell, she was running and playing with the other girls. She had so much fun, and we had fun watching her. Up to this point her relationship with Gary has been based on snorting at each other and laughing and him tickling her. They had time to play more together and she actually let him put her to bed last night. This morning they had a big sword fight with the boys' foam swords, and they had so much fun with it. She then ran down the hall way and grabbed her brush and hairbow. She wanted Gary to do her hair! That was a sight to see!! She will now approach him and call to him when she wants something. I am the only person she will speak English to, and most of the time she whispers it in my ear.
We went to the mall today to see Nicole's son dance. She did not want to sit in the stroller. Once she got out she just ran and ran. She was so sweaty. Sometimes I see her walking slowwly, looking down at her legs, trying to make them straight, and to walk "normal". It breaks my heart!!
Today she ran up to me and hugged me so hard and then kissed me on the cheek an rocked me back and forth singing Mommy, Mommy.
She is such a joy always singing and happy, we are having so much fun with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment