Tuesday, September 29, 2009

PE and Carousels Make Me Cry

So, my last post was Saturday Morning. Saturday afternoon's excersises and stretches went GREAT!!! I know this is due to our new change in scenery when it comes to her PT. Afterwards she said, "I can wear my earrings?" Haha, I had bought these really cute clip on earrings for her as an incentive. She wants her ears peirced but we are waiting for her birthday. I bought them about a month ago, the deal was, if she does a good job on her PT that day, then she gets to wear them. Well, she has gotten to wear them 2x in the past month. She had not even asked for them lately, because she knew what the answer would be. Sunday's PT was horrible again, crying, screaming, "Mommy why you like to hurt me, stop it, stop it" Those are just a few of her favorites!! I have also been scratched, and she has tried to bite me once. I can tell you that there is no difference in what I am doing or the intensity of it, it's all in her attitude. She knows that, and has claimed it, which is a great step towards making it better. Yesterday she did great again. I can tell you that having 2great days so close together has never happened before, and it has been great. Not only because she progresses so much faster, I don't get assualted, etc... But since there are no temper flaring or punishments to serve, I actually get to just enjoy her. There are so many fun things I want to do with her or show her, but I can't when the day has been preceded with scratching, refusal to work, etc...

Saturday we took the kids to a little festival on base. She loved it. I have not seen her smile that big in a while. She had never ridden a carousel before, it made my eyes well up with tears to see how happy she was. I mean what kid hasn't ridden on a carousel. She also rode one of those spinny rides with Cody, she was smooshing him cause she was sitting on the inside, she was laughing so hard. She is also doing PE now, sometimes on her own, sometimes I go. That made me cry too.

The searcher is supposed to have the meeting today with her grandfather. Actually due to the time difference, it should have already happened.

1 comment:

  1. I know you posted that PT sessions are horrible but I never realized that she was actually doing physical harm to you (maybe you have and I missed a post). I have no idea how you handle this and I am not saying you are not doing a good job. I will say this though, she better be glad you are her Mother and not me. After all the time you are putting into helping her be more normal and then she hits, scratches and BITES you. She would be complaining of having a sore booty alright and it would not be from sitting criss crossed applesauce either. LOL!
    It really upsets me to think that she is doing this and like I said you are a better person than I am at being able to handle it.

    I do not know when her birthday is and I know you want it to be special but if it happens to be soon I would sure let her know that if she does not work harder that you are not going to let her have a party or whatever.
    Of course I would cave when it came time for her birthday, since she probably has never been able to celebrate it before. So maybe you should not tell her that. LOL!!

    I wish I knew how to offer you some help other than being upset over this. Hang in there. Sounds like the Therapist being on your side could be helpful to you. I sure hope so.
    Have you talked to her about how Anastasia attacks when you work with her. Maybe she could offer some suggestions to make it go better. Surely she has worked with difficult kids at some point.

    Love,
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete