Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Lots of 1 year updates

Hi Everyone!!
Sorry Wendy didn't mean to make you worry. The next couple weeks I will be doing posts to kind of calaborate our experiences this past year. Anastasia is doing great all around. I will try to be as honest as I can be in these upcoming posts, well, I will be totally honest, I will bare as much as I can (not like that!!)

Generally we are doing good. We are almost to the 4 month mark on the deployment, so 2 more to go, whoohoo!! This has not been easy, and it's not something I could do as often or for as long as some women do it. When I say I couldn't I mean, we wouldn't, it's not for our family. This deployment and any other deployments in our future are a service to our country, we are beyond grateful for the reliable job he has. BUT we would never put ourselves in the position to do this for an entire year at a time, or continually over and over again. I admire and pray for those who do, and you should too. I don't mind the extra work, the extra yardwork, doing all the household duties myself, etc...The toll it takes on the kids is the worst. Cooper still has anxiety at times, he is doing better with it, unfortunately I think this is something he will struggle with. Cody still will not talk on the phone or skype with his Daddy, makes him cry. Anastasia and Cooper both love talking to him. I finally got their Daddy Pillows made that I wanted to make before he even left. They love them, I will post later, even Cody does, I was afraid he wouldn't want his, but he loves it!
The hardest part is that sometimes my children do not get the best of me. They are in school all day so I'm able to get most of my chores done then, and after school and evening time are all for them. But come the weekend, I can have a lack of patience. It can be hard having 3 children's attentions only be directed at you ALL THE TIME. Just being honest. But at the same time, I love my time with them on the weekends, they are all so much fun and have the best sense of humor.

Gary has to leave about 3 weeks after he gets back to go to a training school. I cried when he first told me, overreacted really, something I do often. He will only be 3 hours away and the school is 5 weeks long, we will be able to see him on weekends. I just hope Cooper takes it well. It is an honor to be chosen to go to this school in person, most people do it on the computer, it is better for your military career for you to go in person. We decided since we will be able to see each other on weekends, he absolutely should go.

PCSing, PCS stands for permanent change of station, not sure why, there's nothing permanent about it. The list of locations that we could PCS to came out last month, we were not thrilled with the job or location choices. We may be here for another school, MAYBE. My best friend will be PSCing in Sept. I'm not a happy camper to be without her, that's me pouting, and come September I will be pouting even more.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Cara! Glad you had some time to post a bit! You must be so busy right now. Hopefully the next 2 months will fly by and your husband will be back home soon. I'm sure the 5 weeks at schhol will be a breeze compared to the deployment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Cara!
    Thanks for doing an update and so sorry it actually took me so long to see it. There for a while I looked once a week and then I slacked at looking so much.

    So glad to her that your husband's deployment is almost over. All I can say is you are a better person than I am for I am not sure I could handle it period. I am guessing if I had to I would but I just cannot imagine doing it.
    It sounds like the class your husband is able to attend is something really big and it sounds like it is something he needs to attend for career advancement. At least he will only be 3hrs away and you can see him on weekends. Those 5 weeks will go by a lot faster than you think they will.

    Sorry to hear about your best friend moving or PCSing. Maybe you guys can PCS to where she and her family are going??
    I hope where ever you guys end up that you are happy and the kids are happy. It is nice to have your best friend there too, but at least you can still talk via phone, email, chat, and even skype. LOL!!

    Will try to look more often for updates. I do know that next week or so I will not be able to get on line but as soon as I can I will look for another update.

    Love,
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete