Tuesday, November 17, 2009

6 months

Tomorrow is the 6 month anniversary of our becoming Anastasia's legal parents. Our "Gotcha Day" is not until the 22nd, that is the day we took her from the orphanage it is a common adoption term. Man, I wouldn't take them back for the world, but that was one long 6 months!! The progess she has made is phenomenal, the work we have yet ahead of us is great also, but it is unbelievable to look at her and think 6 months ago she did not know English, couldn't write her name, etc...
We will be in Disney World by the end of this week, she has no idea what to expect but she knows it's exciting! Can you just imagine her face when she sees Magic Kingdom, I don't think she probably has ever dreamt of so much fun in her life.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary!
    I am glad your family has such a fun trip planned before the deployment comes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATULATIONS!!

    I know the last 6 months had not been all together the best it could have been, but at the sametime look back and how far Anastasia has come. She is a very lucky little girl to have such a loving Mommy and Daddy.
    I honestly cannot wait to see what the next 6 months has to bring for you guys. I am sure in 6months of now you will look back and think of today as a totally different time in life and how things have gotten so much better. LOL!!

    Sorry to hear about your husbands deployment. I really wish he did not have to leave you guys but also very grateful for him doing this service to his country and all of us. I will pray he is not there for long and that he will be safe.

    I cannot wait to hear about how she liked Disney World and what she thought. Wish I could see her face when she got there (hopefully MOM tooked pictures to share. LOL!!)
    What fun!!

    Love,
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete